Reading and Writing – reflections from the past

By Appreciable Goodfaithpoet

I began writing for my own enjoyment as a teenager and thought that I was a complete genius. (I hope that I don’t sound like I still feel this way.) As I grew older and re-read my earlier attempts to communicate clearly, I could see where I’d fallen short and could also track my improvement. I received satisfaction in the progress I had made and this inspired me to try even harder. I came to see the value of taking the time to truly write well. I’ve realized that quality and not quantity were the true hallmarks of success in writing. Clear communication is harder to misunderstand and dismiss. I'm sometimes driven to revise something 100 times before I am satisfied. I often write poetry, and the discipline I've learned from this effort, has enabled me to place each word and even each syllable in its "Correct" place. I’m sometimes able to communicate exactly what I mean using the written word. In the right circumstances, I can sometimes even accomplish the amazing task of being understood by my readers.
--------------------------------

Please feel free to copy and paste this message.
You have my permission to share it.
You can send this message to anyone that you want.

Sincerely,
-Appreciable Goodfaithpoet

No comments: