My Wonderful Mom

By Appreciable Goodfaithpoet

When we were camping, Mom would never forget to enjoy a sunset, and she always marveled at the beauty of flowers. One of my favorite memories of her is her ability to enjoy the beauties of nature as we were walking along the trail. Once there was some Indian paintbrush that was all different colors, and she decided to collect a variety of shades. In the end she had a huge bouquet of Indian paintbrush, going from pale yellow all the way through deep red, with each exact shade there in order. She was just happy as she walked along that little trail and observed the beauty of nature and the works of God. She taught me to enjoy those same things. I am able to respect our Father in Heaven and his love, and to appreciate the power and majesty that he has in his hand. My mom taught me that. I never realized that I had learned all of these lessons in such subtle ways.

When there are eight children in a family it is sometimes difficult to get individual attention. But whenever I was feeling discouraged or I needed a little bit of support, I would find some treats or something tucked away especially for me. I can remember one day I came home from a difficult day at school and went down to my bedroom and there was a plate of cookies and a note from my mother. I will never forget that. It was such a surprise to go in there and be able to read that note and feel of her love for me. She was able to do that every time that I needed her. She would always take the time to talk with me. With eight children, she couldn't give me all of her attention, but she knew when I needed it.

One time I was throwing fruit at cars. A man stopped his car and came and told what I had done. I thought I was in for it. My mom just took me inside and sat me on the bed and talked to me. Then she just left and made me sit there and think about it for quite a while. It was better than any punishment that she could have given.

I am very thankful for my mother's prayers. She still prays for me. I will always remember waiting for her in the celestial room after receiving the endowment at the Salt Lake Temple. I was reflecting upon the meaning of things, and I just felt a great urgency to see her. I remember when she came into the room I embraced my mother and cried tears of joy for such a wonderful person in my life and such a great teacher.

I love my Mom.

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

--------------------------------

Please feel free to copy and paste this message.
You have my permission to share it.
You can send this message to anyone that you want.

Sincerely,
-Appreciable Goodfaithpoet

No comments: