Sweet Forgiveness

Hello,

Here is a little more inspiration for you…

I believe that we are required to forgive one another in time. Sometimes it takes a long time to forgive other people. If someone is offensive on a continual basis we may not make it through the process of forgiving them before they hurt us again. I feel that there is a difference between being unwilling to let an offence go and trying our best to let it go. The way I see it, those who are unwilling to let go of a grudge (or as I think of it "hatred.") will arrive at the gates of heaven and look through and see the person who wronged them inside and say, "What?! So-and-so is in there?! I'm not going in there! I don't want to be around them forever." I think we must always be willing to forgive, even if, in our view, the other person has not changed. I think that this is one of the hardest things to do in life and one of the most important things too.

If I see someone in Heaven that I don't think should be there I hope that I can have enough confidence in Heavenly Father to believe that he will only let nice people in. If this happens I hope to be able to think, "Oh, Wow, look there is So-and-so, I guess they must have become a nice person."

Here is a riddle for you...
If there is a good person and an evil person and they are both unwilling to forgive. Which one will go to heaven?

Answer: Neither one.

I feel that to forgive means to give love again to the person and let go of the right to punish those who has been hated by us. To me love means that we do what is best for others regardless of the effect it has on us. If I hate someone I refuse to be kind to them and may even try to hurt them or make them miserable. If I forgive someone I treat them with kindness and respect and everything that I do or don't do toward them is calculated to be in their best interest and for their good. I believe that this is forgiveness.

If I love someone I may choose suffer because of them even if it is unfair or unpleasant. I may refrain from saying certain things so that they will feel comfortable. I may go out of my way to compliment them even though they have been cruel to me. If I love someone I may tell them that their actions are not leading them in a course that will bring happiness, I may need to fearlessly tell them that they are wrong and that they need to change. The only way that we can truly know what is best for each person in our lives is if we can receive direction from God who knows all things. God looks into people's hearts and knows their thoughts. I believe that through the Holy Ghost we can know what will bring the most love, the most joy, the most peace and the most goodness into the lives of those with whom we interact. I believe that by following the directions that God gives, we will help all around us to be as happy as possible. I believe further, that we will be happy in the long run. In the short term we may suffer, struggle, weep and hurt as we try to do what is best for others. If we love others as Christ loves them I believe that we will be welcomed back into his presence after this life is over. I believe that the only way we can be capable of loving others as the Savior would love them is to pray and ask for the Gift of pure love to fill us every day.

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

-Appreciable Goodfaithpoet

No comments: