Become as a Little Child

By Appreciable Goodfaithpoet

My six-year-old son and I were recently headed to his very first basketball practise. He was very excited to get to the practise. I did not know the way to the Elementary school. The address was tricky because the street name and number were correct and I was also in the wrong city. The mainstreet I needed was about eight blocks west of where I was. These two neighboring cities had both grown until they met each other at their common border. As we wandered, looking for the school, I became lost in the curving roads of subdivisions. We left home early to go to the practise so that we would have time to find the unfamiliar Elementary School. We wandered until we had only seven minutes until the practise would begin. As I stopped at a stop sign my son said, "Dad, I think we should say a prayer." I was about to turn right but there was no one behind me and so I cancelled the signal and said that a prayer would be a good idea. I asked my son to offer the prayer. The prayer he offered was simple and sincere, he prayed, "Dear Heavenly Father please help us find the School and make it there without being late." After my son finished his prayer I felt an impression that I should ask someone for directions instead of trying to wander around to find the school. I decided therefore, to turn left instead of right. About five houses down there was a van parked in a driveway with a woman standing near it and talking with the driver. I pulled over to the side of the road, rolled down my window and asked if she knew where this Elementary School was located. Even though it was in another city she said that she did know where it was because she went there as a child. She then gave me excellent instructions of how to get from where we were to where we needed to be. We arrived on time. As we neared the school I said to my son, "We're going to be on time." my son clasped his hands together and said in triumph and exhileration, "I believed that God would answer my prayer."

--------------------------------

Please feel free to copy and paste this message.
You have my permission to share it.
You can send this message to anyone that you want.

Sincerely,
-Appreciable Goodfaithpoet

No comments: