The true meaning of Easter?


Picture by Liba Dilla
Words by Appreciable Goodfaithpoet

One Easter my wife spent a considerable amount of time teaching our children the true meaning of Easter. After a question and answer session the day before Easter my wife felt that our oldest Daughter was ready. Easter came and my oldest Daughter received all of the fun things from the Easter bunny. She must have become a little confused at the same time about the lesson her Mother had been so carefully teaching her. After the mornings activities my Wife wanted to show me what a great teaching job she had done with our Daughter. As we were all sitting in the living room eating candy my Wife asked my Daughter, "What does Easter mean?" My Daughter then said very sincerely with great enthusiasm, "Jesus died for us... So that we could get lots of candy."

No comments: