Thoughts on Joseph Smith

Hello,

Here is a little more inspiration for you…

I have contemplated the last days that Joseph Smith Jr. spent on this earth as well as the greatness of his life. I have examined my own life and feel that I lack so much in comparison to this faithful and shining example of a disciple of Christ. I have asked myself, "Why was Joseph so courageous and amazing, so brave and heroic? Is it possible for us to approach the great charitable acts and stature of this remarkable man?"

I believe that Joseph acted as he did naturally, out of a pure heart, because of the person he was deep down inside. He taught that, "Love grows out of virtue." I believe we can all succeed spiritually by having hope and faith in Christ and by asking our Heavenly Father to bless us with the gift of Charity daily. The gift of Charity will enable us, like the Prophet Joseph, to truly love our fellow man as Jesus would love them. Joseph was a great man, not because he tried to be great, but because he tried to serve others and follow the example of Jesus Christ humbly and sincerely. Joseph practiced the purest form of religion, which is, to love. Joseph loved the Lord and all men and because of this, great power flowed into his life. This spiritual power from our Father in Heaven helped him become the man that he is.

The following quotations are from the Prophet Joseph Smith Jr.-

"I stood alone, an unlearned youth, to combat the worldly wisdom and multiplied ignorance of eighteen centuries, with a new revelation."

"I will always maintain a true principle, even if I stand alone in it."

"A good man will endure all things to honor Christ."

"If you wish to go where God is, you must be like God."

"all things are concurring to bring about the completion of the fullness of the Gospel"

"I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world."

"Well will it be for those who shall aid in carrying into effect the mighty operations of Jehovah."

"I am a lover of the cause of Christ"

"I will try to be contented with my lot, knowing that God is my friend. In him I shall find comfort. I have given my life into his hands. I am prepared to go at his call. I desire to be with Christ. I count not my life dear to me, only to do his will."

Joseph did so many loving things for his fellow man. I believe that the Savior truly would say to Joseph, "These deeds shall thy memorial be, fear not, thou dids't them unto me." I hope that at the conclusion of each of our lives the same can be said of us. I hope that we may all leave a legacy of love and righteousness that will stand as a testimony to those who know us, that Jesus is the Christ and that his gospel is true. I pray that we may desire to have that same hope, that same faith and that same charity at the very core of who we are.

There is a new website called JosephSmith.net that has been prepared in connection with the events commemorating the bicentennial of Joseph's birth and 175 years since the Restoration of the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I highly recommend the content as it is uplifting, interesting and inspiring.

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

-Appreciable Goodfaithpoet

No comments: